Dingle Single Malt Irish Whiskey

Dingle Single Malt Irish Whiskey


This Irish single malt whiskey from the Dingle distillery is a welcome addition to my 'Irish tasting' record! I usually get on quite well with Irish whiskey, so I'm excited to try this one!

This Dingle malt is said to be comprised of whisky which is six to seven years old (although, it is a non-age statement). About 60% of the liquid has been matured in Pedro Ximenez sherry casks, with the remaining 40% being matured in first-fill bourbon casks (said to give the whiskey a much richer flavour, being first fill). Let's find out:


On the Nose

Interesting journey on the nose. Initially quite sweet for me, like the sugar-covered Haribo sweets 'tanfastics'... yeah, I know. But, I think it was the mixture of sweetness and fruity notes which gave me that thought. I get a hint of liquorice and zested lime and a tiny nod to some kind of mint, which cuts through the sweetness. Actually, quite an interesting and decent nose!

On the palate

I didn't get much (if any) vanilla hitting my nose, but on tasting this dram, it was very vanilla forward! Light vanilla fudge, maybe even caramel and apple dessert. Toasted almonds and some raisins, with spice in the form of pepper.


You know what, this was a pretty interesting, pretty tasty, and surprisingly complex for a relatively young non-age statement whiskey. At the price point, Dingle has produced a decent whisky for those looking for something with lots of flavour (which you can explore over and over) at an affordable price.

Want to try it for yourself?

Why not try Dingle Single Malt for yourself? You can pick up a bottle online at any of the following retailers:

This dram was tried via a Flaviar Christmas Advent Calendar. Interested in joining flaviar, a premium spirits club? You'll get premium tasting packs, full bottles of whisky, as well as early access to future Whisky Advent Calendars! You can find out more HERE.

Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.